Skip to main content

For the rest of 2018

Here are is the plan moving forward:
  • 5k race on September 1st (harry potter themed with the proceeds going to an adult literacy program in the area!!! Accio Literacry!!!!). Reading is the best.
  • Local Half marathon September 23rd
  • Pacing 20ish miles for the Yeti 100 September 28th
  • I'm topping out at a 50ish mile week the last week of September
  • Marine Corps Marathon, October 28th
I have two longer term goals. One is qualifying for the boston marathon and one is running a 100 mile race. After this race, I will decide which I will focus on for the next year. I am aware that the boston marathon one will take years. I am not sure if running 100 miles at my age is a good idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11

I have trained for 7 weeks now for the marine corps marathon. Most of it has gone fairly well. There were two weeks during a job transition where my mileage was impacted. However, I was able to readjust and just nailed a solid week although its not quite what I hoped for mileage wise. 8/6 Mon- Rest. 8/7 Tue- Did not wake up in time. Did dumbell thrusters and strict presses 21-15-9 w/40lbs. Ran 2 miles with the ozzer. One mile slow with a weight vest. 8/8 Wed- Ran 10 miles. 3e+4mp+2t+1e. Felt pretty good. Marathon pace during a not short run is feeling easier. At lunch time, I was able to go to the gym and do some abs (hanging leg lifts x60) and 5-5-5-5-5 deadlifts at 170lbs. 8/9 Thur- Woke up with some stiffness in my legs. Ran 10 miles super easy. Stiffness went away after the run. 8/10- Wedding Anniversay. Did not run 8/11- Ran after work at the gym 3 miles. 8/12- Ran 5 miles before work. #traininglog #marathontraining Weekly Total =

Ideas of what to eat after MCM18: #1

Potential plan of things to eat after the marathon #1: First go to union market . 1/2 dozen oysters at rappahannock, go to neopoli's for a smoked salmon salad sandwich then go over to craft kombucha to wash it down with for dessert: get yourself a piece of baklava from DC Mediterranean corner then waddle over to cordial for a fat chocolate stout.